His name, Kuniya and lineage:
He was the great scholar , mufti of Najd , counted among the major Saudi religious figures , his full name is Abdullah bin Abd al-Rahman ibn Abd al-Aziz ibn Abd al-Rahman ibn Abd Allah ibn Sultan bin Khamis al-Babtain, and title of his family is , “Abu Bateen”, which belongs to the Qahtan tribe .
He was born in Rawdat Sudair of the Riyadh region in 1194 AH Corresponding to 1780 A.D. Sheikh Aba Butayn grew up in Rawdat Sudair and begain studying under Sheikh Muhammad ibn Tarrad al-Dossari رحمه الله تعالى who was great scholar of fiqh of his time. Then he moved to Shaqra and studied from its judge Sheikh Abdul Aziz Al-Haseen رحمه الله تعالى , then he left for Diriyah to study from its scholars. when Imam Saud bin Abdul Aziz رحمه الله تعالى took over Makkah Al-Mukarramah and Al-Madinah Al-Munawwarah in 1220 AH he appointed him a judge over the Taif and its surrounding regions of Hijaz. He remained in the Taif for two years, and during the rule of Imam Abdullah bin Saud رحمه الله تعالى he was made judge of Buraymi oiasis and northern regions of Oman ( which were then under Sa’ūdi control), then during the era of the second Saudi state , Imam Turki bin Abdullah رحمه الله appionted him judge over Wushim and Sudayr .
In the year 1248 AH, Imam Turki رحمه الله transferred him from the Al-wusham to the Onayzah . After the death of Imam Turki, Sheikh Abu Bateen returned to Shaqra and sat therein to teach and guide people towards the teachings of Quraan and Sunnah .
Sheikh Abdullah bin Abdi-Rahman Aba-Bateen may Allah have mercy upon him said in his commentary of this hadith:
A party of my Ummah will not cease to be victorious upon the truth, it will not harm them whoever contradicts them or betrays them until the command of Allah comes while they remain victorious .’’
“And what is meant is not only victory by sword always rather, with evidence always and sword at times’.
The Sheikh Ibrahim Ibn Isa’ رحمه الله تعالى, said about him: “He was unerring in giving Fatawa’ and legal opinions. Had the bulk of Fatawa’ he issued been collected, they would have come in a huge volume, but they had not, and I wish they were, for they would be very useful.”
In 1270 Hijri he left the post of Mufti Diyar Najd and spend rest of his life teaching the sciences of hadith and Jurisprudence .
Sheikh Abu Butayn’s trips during his lifetime are divided into three sections:
Journey for learning islamic science:
He left from the town of Rawda Sudair to Shaqra to seek knowledge.
He left from Shaqra to Diriyah in pursuit of seeking knowledge.
He went to Syria to study under the Sheikh of Hanabila Al-Safarini.
Journey for Jihad :
In 1259 AH, Faisal went to conqure Qatif, and Ahsaa , Sheikh Abu Bateen accompanied him, for leading in prayer and giving advisory opinion, and so on.
Journey of becoming the Qadhi:
During the rule of Imam Saud bin Abdul Aziz, he was appointed as a judge in Taif and its surrounding regions , where he spent two years .
He was then appointed as a judge for Buraymi and North Oman .
1) Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdullah bin Trad Al-Dossary.
2) Sheikh Abdulaziz bin Abdullah Al-Haseen Al-Nasiri, judge of Shaqra.
3) Sheikh Hussain Al-Jifri.
4) Sheikh Hamad bin Nasser aal Muammar Al-Tamimi.
5) Sheikh Ahmed bin Hassan bin Rashid Al-Aflaqi Ahsai.
6) Imam Abdullah Ibn Muhammad bin Abdul Wahab.
1) Sheikh Ali bin Mohammed Al Rashid.
2) Sheikh Mohammed bin Ibrahim Al Sinani.
3) Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdullah bin Maani.
4) Sheikh Abdul Rahman bin Mohammed bin Maani.
5) Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdullah bin Humaid (muft azam makkha).
6) Sheikh saleh bin Issa.
7) Sheikh salim jadlaan .
8) Sheikh Saleh bin Othman al-Awf Al Aqeel.
9) Sheikh Abdullah bin Ayed.
10) Sheikh Muhammad bin Omar bin Salim.
11) Sheikh Muhammad bin Abdullah bin Salim.
12) Sheikh Suleiman bin Ali bin Muqbel.
1) تأسيس التقديس في الرد على ابن جرجيس
2) الانتصار في الرد على ابن جرجيس
3) رساله في تجويد القرآن الكريم
4) الانتصار لحزب الله الموحدين والرد على المجادل عن المشركين
5) الرد على البردة
6) دحض شبهات على التوحيد من سوء الفهم لثلاثة أحاديث
7) رسائل وفتاوى أبا بطين
His death :
After Aba Butayn retired from the district of Unayzah in 1270 AH, he settled in Shaqra and did not remain there until he died on the seventh of Jumada I in 1282 AH corresponding to 1865 at the age of ninety years old .