Mirwaiz Ghulam Nabi Mubarki (رحمهالله) was born in 1322AH/1904 CE in Sukali Pora, Kadi Kadal,Srinagar. It was the time when Kashmir was ruled by a tyrant ruler (1885-1925 CE). Muhammad Mubarak was Mawlana Mubarki’s grandfather and it was his grandfather’s name which later on became his epithet and was known as Mubarki. His father, Muhammad Hassan , was a pious man and made it a point that Mawlana Mubarki has to memorize the Qur’an. Which he did under the under the guidance of Hafiz Asad Allah Shah and Mawlana Muhammad Husain Shah Wafa’i. He studied Persian from Malik al-Shu’ara Amir al-Din Amir. Later on he passed Munshi Fadil, Adib Fadil and Molvi Fadil examinations from erstwhile Punjab University. Then he studied from Sheikh Sane-ullah Amritsari and Ibrahim Waizkhani . After his studies he directly started Da’wah from the busiest place of down town Srinagar, Bohri Kadal. He was very eloquent and well versed in the science of polemics. With his eloquence and brevity he frustrated Mirza’i (Qadyani), Baha’i and other heretic establishments. He gave Friday sermons in Bazar Masjid,in the Bohri Kadal locality of Srinagar for decades . In 1938 CE he established an organization under the title of Bazm-e Tawhid. He was a close associate of Mawlana Sana Allah Amritsari and Mawlana Sayyid Muhammad Dawud Raz. He wrote many booklets and is considered as a poet of repute. He was one of the gaint Scholar’s of Imam Muḥammad bin Ali Shawkanis legacy in KashMir.
On account of the impact of his movement that Qadiyani religion did not make any head way in Kashmir. Mirwaiz Moulvi Ghulam Nabi Mubaraki and Moulvi Abdul Gani Shopyani wrote a good number of tracts in which the claims of the Mirza Ghulam Qadiyani (1835-1908) were refuted . Moulvi Abd Al Gani Shopiani in his Sifat- ul-Nabi also resisted the Apostasy of Mirzais . He described them as Apostates
• He advocated some of burning religious issues of the day viz, Jesus Christ’s death; “Miraj-un-Nebi”, and finality of Prophet-hood, There was special column in the Muslim which was devoted to such issues, Mirwaiz Moulvi Ghulam Nabi Mubaraki also wrote against the some of the customs observed by the Kashmir .
•He used to hold special gatherings in the month of Muharram in his home where people from different walks of life used to listen his lectures on Quraan and Sunnah .It was due to his activities that certain educated Shia families in the city of Srinagar coverted to Ahl Al Hadith .
The Baha’is or Babis too did not escape his criticism . Ghulam Nabi Mubaraki debated the Bahai leader by the name of Gilkar . It was on account of his Moezat-ul-faith book against the Bahais that they could not gain any influence in Kashmir. Thus he played an Important role in Influencing the sociel religious and political life of the Kashmiri Muslims, His great contribution is that he somehow succeeded to a large extent in removing the superstitions from the kashmiri Muslim society .
• The Christian missionaries who had already entered Kashmir tried to win country for the Christ were challenged in public debates by him.
Role of Mirwaiz Mubaraki (رحمه الله) in destruction of Christian propaganda and Aryaah Samjists .
Sheikh Abul Hassan Mubareki’ Atharis association with the Dawat e Salafiyya from 1920 onwards proved to be of greeter significance. He knew Persian, Urdu and Kashmiri very well end was also a prolific writer. He became the Imam of Jama Bazar Mosque soon after the demise of its Imam He was able to attract considerable nunber of people on account of his vast learning and oratory.
The Soofis of Kashmir on the other hand were not able to counter the Christian Missionary activities nor were they able to Stop the Qadiyani movement ,The debate between the Salafis and Christians at Dal Gate proved to be devastating for Christian’ missionaries ,Soon another debate was held at Zabarwan hills, their also the Christians got a crushing defeat ,The Evangelical Christian soon abandoned any idea of setting a church in Downtown.
But despite this the Gnostic Soofis could not give up their old false propagandas against Salafis
• The Evangelical Christian missionaries who had already entered Kashmir and had a dream to win country for the Christ had to face failure and shame
• The Salafi Scholars especially Mawlana Mubaraki wrote extensively against the missionary activities and considered their claims against Islam as fabrication and highly objectionable
• Mirwaiz Mubaraki criticised the missionaries through his speeches and writings. Besides, Arya Samajists, too, came under his criticism . The Salafis in 1920 founded Anjuman-i-Ahl-i-Hedith whose founding members were Haji Mohammed Shahdad(رحمه الله), Sheikh Abul Hassan Mubaraki(رحمه الله), Abdul Aziz Chikan(رحمه الله), Ghulam Shah Naqeeb(رحمه الله) and few others.
• While Haji Mohammad Shahdad was made the first President of the Anjuman.Mirwaiz Mubaraki was made its Secretary. It is true that the influence of the Anjuman was limited to the Elite and rich families in Kashmir yet by attacking the social evils which like a cancer were eating into the vitals of the Muslim society the Anjuman did play an important role in reforming the Muslim society of Kashmir valley
• The establishment of the Anjuman-i-Ahl-i-Hadith was, however not liked by the Ahl Biddah of Srinagar
• They issued a fatwa against the organization “debarring its members from attending the mosques” .
The Grand Zaldager mosque became a stronghold of the Salafis under the leadership of Imam Anwar Shah Shopiyani(رحمه الله) , who was dauntless in his criticism against the Pirs’ and superstitious practices of their followers.
• His open criticism against ‘Pirs’ brought him into conflict with Ahl Biddah and a lot of propaganda was carried on against him . But the Ahl-i-Hadith continued to make progress in spite of the opposition of the Soofis ,the movement owed its success mainly to the efforts of Mirwaiz Mubaraki who organized it on a sound— footing.
He breathed his last in old Soura Medical Institute on 6 Rabi al Saani 1399/6 march 1979 CE and is buried in the graveyard of Mirwaizan,Malkhah, Srinagar.